Thursday, October 7, 2010

Try not to Grimace

Can you connect the dots? The Missouri Republican Party sure can:





The Carnahans' Wind Farm.
Roy has been hammering away at this for a while:



And it looks like it is working too!

The only poll that matters to Roy, however, is the one 26 days from now, election day.

So get out there and help Roy out!

Apparently the female supporters of Roy have a new website up called:
http://www.womenwinwithroy.com/

This is an interesting tactic, and I hope it goes well!
~~~~~

I've noticed that the battle between Blunt and Carnahan seems to be "Let's truth-check the Hell out of each other." All well and good, but it seems like the Carnahan campaign is picking small bits out of large pieces of Legislature.

I would like to try to explain this in a bizarre and delicious way.

This is a delicious McDouble from the McDonald's dollar menu:

Notice the two delicious patties and buns with the slice of melty cheesy goodness. This is the main Legislative bill, say an Appropriations Bill. See those other things? The pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard are extras. They aren't necessary part of the main bill, just additions to the bill, like language changes. Nothing affects the bottom line, the burger is still a buck.

For the purposes of this exercise, assume that I order the burger, get the burger, then pay for the burger. Not the most efficient means of business here, but this is government.

Say I order one of these delicious pieces of Legislation and someone in the back adds Mac Sauce, which for the purposes of this exercise, I hate, which costs an additional 25 cents give or take. The burger comes back, all wrapped up and ready to go when I get the cost. $1.25. I only brought one dollar (hypothetical taxpayer money) so I need to bum the other .25 from a friend (remember I'm a college student here and this also represents the stimulus.). This McDonald's doesn't do redos and I am really hungry here. I accept the fact that the burger was a little more expensive than I would have wanted it, has a condiment I could have done without and I could really do nothing to stop it, but I couldn't just throw it away. I have to take the good with the bad if I want to eat at all...

...And then I am attacked for wasting taxpayers money for a condiment (representing pork) I dislike.

And because everyone else saw me bum a quarter off my friend, they can believe something this ridiculous. I'm a thief in their eyes...or more likely...

Robble robble.

No comments:

Post a Comment